2014 President’s Goals
J. Gary Hill, president of J. Gary Hill LLC, is the 2014 President of NCHBA. You may contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 420-5893. His theme for the year is, ““Re-Inspire…Passion with a Purpose…Housing in North Carolina” The following outlines his goals and objectives during his year as President.
1. Continue to educate our members regarding NCHBA’s mission, purpose and value.
a. Present to our members the core competencies and roles of the NCHBA as it relates to housing affordability, advocacy, and education in easy to understand terms.
b. Recite NCHBA Mission Statement* at beginning all Executive Committee and Board of Director meetings
c. Increase senior officer and RVP visibility by attending local HBA general membership meetings and special events.
i. President to attend at least three local meetings per month
ii. Other senior officers to attend at least one local meeting per month
iii. RVPs to visit all local HBAs in their region on at least two occasions during the year
2. Increase NC BUILD-PAC contributions by 10% over YE 2013, by the end of 2014.
3. Increase professionalism through education
i. Promote NCBI as a way to increase the success of members’ companies
ii. Promote vocational education opportunities at the high schools and the community colleges
4. Continue to promote to our members the benefits of NCHBA Quarterly Meetings through continuing the Scholarship and Mentor Program.
5. Focus on initiating Objectives of the 2014 Strategic Plan.
6. Increase Builder and Associate membership by net 10% over YE 2013 numbers.
7. Continue to support NAHB through committee involvement.
WHY DO YOU DO WHAT YOU DO?
* NCHBA, the voice of the North Carolina home building industry, is an association of building professionals and related industries working together to provide safe and affordable housing for the people of North Carolina. We protect the American Dream of home ownership through advocacy, education and professional development.