NC Professional Women in Building
What is the Professional Women in Building Council?
The NCPWB is part of the NAHB Professional Women in Building Council which was chartered in 1955 and has over 1000 members nationwide. The NAHB PWB is a select group of inspiring women who share strategies and solutions to promote, enhance and support professional women in today’s home building industry.
The NCPWB is was chartered in 1988 and our dynamic members work in all aspects of the building industry: as builders, remodelers, subcontractors, business owners, marketing experts, interior designers, sales representatives and mortgage bankers.
|WHAT WE DO:||BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP:|
|▪ BUILD-PAC Fundraising||▪ Networking Opportunities|
|▪ Scholarship Fundraising||▪ Building Women Magazine|
|▪ Legislative Advocacy||▪ Scholarship Awards to council and individual members|
|▪ Support of Local Councils||▪ Educational Opportunities|
|▪ Support of Construction Competitions||▪ Professional Development|
Nicole Goolsby, 2014-2015 NCPWB Chair
704-564-6600 or Nicole@rionhomes.com
Joyce Yates, 2015 Secretary
704-239-7322 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy Dinelle, NAHB PWB Region B Trustee
828-329-8917 or email@example.com
There are three active local PWB councils in North Carolina:
- HBA of Durham, Orange and Chatham Counties
- HBA of Winston-Salem
- Lake Norman HBA
Membership is available at any of the local councils or through the NCPWB. When you join either a local council or NCPWB, you are automatically a member of the National Professional Women in Building.
Click here for a NCPWB New Member Application.
Learn more about the NAHB Professional Women in Building.
Contact a NCPWB Officer for more information about membership.
Be a Sponsor
Corporate or individual sponsorships of the NC Professional Women in Building are available. Click here to learn more about PWB Sponsorships.
PWB College Sponsorships
If you are a female pursuing a degree in a construction-related field, you may apply for the North Carolina Professional Women in Building Scholarship, administered by the NC Home Builders Educational & Charitable Foundation. One $500 scholarship will be presented each year to a female applicant.
To be eligible a student must meet the same requirements as outlined in the NCHBECF Scholarship guidelines:
- Applicants must be nominated by a NCHBA member firm.
- Nominees shall be immediate family members of NCHBA member firms, related by blood, (i.e. children, step-children or grandchildren).
- Students related by marriage, (ie. son-in-law, daughter-in-law, etc.) shall not be eligible.
- Immediate family members of any current trustee of the NCHB Educational & Charitable Foundation, Inc. shall not be eligible.
- Awards are for one year, but scholarship winners may submit a renewal application and be considered for renewal if they make satisfactory progress in their studies.
- Only full-time students will be considered. NCHBA defines a full-time student as one taking a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
Need to list your event? Contact Heather Massengill.