North Carolina Home Builders Educational Foundation, Inc. Scholarships
The North Carolina Home Builders Educational & Charitable Foundation, Inc. accepts applications for its college scholarships each year between January and April. The foundation awards scholarships based on a combination of need and merit to four-year college students entering their junior or senior year and technical school students entering their second year who have declared their major in a construction related field.
To be eligible a student must meet the following criteria and return application the deadline:
- Applicants must be nominated by a NCHBA member firm.
- Nominees shall be immediate family members of NCHBA member firms, related by blood, (i.e. children, step-children or grandchildren).
- Students related by marriage, (ie. son-in-law, daughter-in-law, etc.) shall not be eligible.
- Immediate family members of any current trustee of the NCHB Educational & Charitable Foundation, Inc. shall not be eligible.
- Awards are for one year, but scholarship winners may submit a renewal application and be considered for renewal if they make satisfactory progress in their studies.
- Only full-time students will be considered. NCHBA defines a full-time student as one taking a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
Click here for the 2014 Scholarship Application. Applications for 2014-2015 are due April 30, 2014.
Questions should be directed to Deborah Alford, firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-676-9090.
Golf Tournament to Raise Funds for Scholarship Program
Join us at the award-winning Lonnie Poole Golf Club on April 17, 2014 to raise funds for scholarships for college students of HBA members majoring in a construction-related field.
The North Carolina Home Builders Educational & Charitable Foundation (NCHBECF) will present the annual “Builder Classic” Golf Tournament, with all proceedings going to scholarships for family members of NCHBA members. In 2013, the foundation awarded $7,500 to three college students.
In these challenging economic times, these scholarships are more valuable to our members than ever. NCHBA counts on your support of the NCHBECF Golf Tournament to continue to provide this member benefit.
To add another element of fun to the tournament, we will also hold the annual President’s Cup Challenge. This challenge is a “tournament within a tournament” for teams with current and past presidents of any level of the federation. Teams with local, state or national presidents will compete for bragging rights and the coveted trophy to be awarded at the 2nd Quarter Board Meeting.
In addition to playing in the tournament, sponsorships are available to help raise funds for the scholarship program.
- Hole Sponsors—Includes a sign at the hole of your choice and a company representative at the tee box to meet golfers. $250/hole
- Green Sponsors—Includes a sign at the green of your choice. $100/hole
- Door Prizes—Help us thank our golfers for their support with a door prize donation. Examples include gift cards, weekend getaways, golf equipment, tools, small appliances, etc.
- Goodie Bag Items—Each golfer will receive a goodie bag to thank them for their support. Examples include tees, golf balls, koozies, hats, fans, towels, etc. We ask that you consider a donation of 100 of each item.
- Registration Desk Sponsor—Greet players as they check-in for the day. Includes a sign at the registration desk. $250 (one available)
- Beverage Cart—Sponsor the ever-popular beverage and snack cart that circulates the course during play. $750 (one available)
Contact Deborah Alford at email@example.com or 1-800-662-7129 for more information about the golf tournament, scholarship program or sponsorship opportunities.
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn for $119/night. Register online or call 919-377-0440. The hotel address is 131 Columbus Avenue, Cary, North Carolina, 27518.