North Carolina Home Builders Educational Foundation, Inc. Scholarships
The North Carolina Home Builders Educational & Charitable Foundation, Inc. accepts applications for its college scholarships each year between January and April. The foundation awards scholarships based on a combination of need and merit to four-year college students entering their junior or senior year and technical school students entering their second year who have declared their major in a construction related field.
To be eligible a student must meet the following criteria and return application the deadline:
- Applicants must be nominated by a NCHBA member firm.
- Nominees shall be immediate family members of NCHBA member firms, related by blood, (i.e. children, step-children or grandchildren).
- Students related by marriage, (ie. son-in-law, daughter-in-law, etc.) shall not be eligible.
- Immediate family members of any current trustee of the NCHB Educational & Charitable Foundation, Inc. shall not be eligible.
- Awards are for one year, but scholarship winners may submit a renewal application and be considered for renewal if they make satisfactory progress in their studies.
- Only full-time students will be considered. NCHBA defines a full-time student as one taking a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
We are no longer accepting applications for 2013-2014. Applications for 2014-2015 year will be due in April 2014.