Workforce Development Regional Scholarships
NEW! View Our 2023 Scholarship Recipients
The North Carolina Home Builders Educational & Charitable Foundation, Inc. (NCHBECF) will award up to eight $1,000 scholarships to community college or technical school students in each of NCHBA’s eight regions.
Eligibility criteria & general information:
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who are entering a program considered to be a skilled trade in the construction industry (i.e., carpentry, welding, plumbing, electrical, masonry, etc.). They do not have to be related to an NCHBA member nor do they have to be nominated by one; however, those recommended or related to an NCHBA member will take preference. One per NCHBA region will be awarded per year based on eight NCHBA regions.
- Scholarships will be for one school year. Scholarship winners will be eligible for consideration for renewal.
- Scholarships will be considered on the recommendation of a school advisor/teacher and on their future plans in the construction industry as determined by the answers on the scholarship application. First preference will go to students attending a community college or technical school in North Carolina.
- The number of scholarships will be determined by the Board of Trustees based on the number of applications. The maximum amount of each scholarship will be $1,000.
- Scholarship applications are due by April 30, 2024. The Board of Trustees will meet in late spring to select the scholarship recipients. The scholarship winners will be announced each year no later than July.
Application Period For 2024-2025 Will Open in January
To apply for a scholarship, you must submit:
- Completed application form.
- School advisor or teacher must sign off on the application form. Please provide those signing off on your application with the general information sheet and a stamped envelope. Be sure to allow enough time for your completed application to be written and sent.
How to Submit Your Application
You may submit your completed application form and the advisor form via email to Tracie Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org, or, you may mail these forms to the address below.
NC Home Builders Association
PO Box 99090
Raleigh, NC 27624
Questions? Contact Tracie Garrett by email or call 919-676-9090