Ten ways to maximize the use of the North Carolina Home Builders Membership & Legislative Videos
The North Carolina Home Builders Association (NCHBA) recently created a Membership & Legislative video for all local HBAs to utilize.
The first video entitled “The Value of Membership” was designed to give new and existing members an overview of all the membership benefits available through NCHBA. Some of the topics covered include Legislative & Regulatory Affairs, Building Codes, Education, and the 21st Century Building Expo & Conference.
The second video entitled “The Economic Benefits of Housing & Residential Construction” is a powerful Legislative video that backs up the jobs and revenue created by housing & residential construction.
During the NCHBA 1st Quarter Meeting the Public Relations Committee developed a list of ten ways for local HBAs to maximize the use of the North Carolina Home Builders Membership & Legislative Videos:
1. Show the videos at general membership meetings.
2. Present the videos at new member orientation.
3. Invite a political figure to lunch & present the Legislative video.
4. Bring an extra copy of the Legislative video to the luncheon in case the political figure wants a copy.
5. Present the videos to any sub-groups that meet on a regular basis.
6. Show the Membership video at Home & Garden shows.
7. Inform the Membership Chair of your local HBA about the videos.
8. Present the videos at HBA retreat.
9. Share with sister organizations (realtors, chamber of commerce, civic groups, rotary, Kiwanis, etc.)
10. Present the videos to educational and vocational education groups.
We hope that you will make the most of these informative videos at your local association. If you have not received these videos – or if you have any questions please contact NCHBA at 1-800-662-7129.