Homeownership is truly the cornerstone of the American way of life. For many people, the opportunity to own a home has always been a cherished ideal and a source of pride, accomplishment, social stability and peace of mind.
The financial benefits of homeownership begin in the first year for most home owners, through the ability to deduct mortgage interest and property taxes paid off their taxable income. Over years of ownership, home appreciation also builds financial security for a family’s future.
Yet, a home is so much more than an investment. Homeownership builds stronger communities. Home building strengthens the property tax base that supports local schools and community infrastructure. Constructing 100 new homes creates more than 300 full-time jobs, $23.1 million in wage and business income and $8.9 million in federal, state and local tax revenue.
Top Reasons to Buy a Home
1. LOW INTEREST RATES. Rates remain low; lock in a payment that fits your budget.
2. AVAILABLE LOANS. Borrowers with good credit can get loans with attractive rates.
3. COMPETITIVE PRICES. You can afford more home than you could a few years ago.
4. GREAT SELECTION. With many homes on the market, get the features you want!
5. ENERGY EFFICIENCY. Environmentally-friendly features in new homes can help you save money.
6. MODERN FEATURES. Open floor plans, ample storage, outdoor living spaces—new and renovated homes fit your family’s lifestyle needs.
7. CREATE FAMILY MEMORIES. You’ll remember the holidays and family milestones forever.